Friday, April 16, 2010

This blog is for....

I have decided something I should have though of earlier. I am dedicating this blog to writing stories and poetry. Hopefully I can get back into the latter. I will either use one of my old blogs for thoughts and theories and life issues or just make another one for that purpose alone.

Right now I am thinking of writing a nuclear war...ish novel. The main characters are a girl and boy. Or really a woman and man. A few miles from each other, they both live in east Texas where the ruins are as bad as ever and the radiation has created horrid beasts that must be killed and sparingly eaten due to the radiation in their being. I know, I know, it's basically copying fall out, right? Well I intend to do my best to go away from that and truly make the story my own. The only things that I plan on being similar is the fact that there was;
A nuclear war
Few people survived, there are SOME small colonies but they are few and far between
There were some smart enough to invest in underground bunkers, the two lead characters were lucky enough to have these at their disposal.

Plot idea;
maybe it's all about to happen, everyones panicd' but no ones in the streets as they try to shove into others house, thinking it will save them, then Ariana(not sure bout that name) locks eyes with a desperate looking man and waves him in, they stay in her bunker for two months, waiting for the radiation to die down. As it does they slowly begin to explore, seeing that most everyone is dead, having not had the money to build the shelters.

Or perhaps they've been a couple all along, they managed to build their personal underground bunker without any taking notice, but before her boyfriend can get to his children, some odd states away, the war happens, sooner than expected, and they then have to prep themselves to make that treck, and hope that, coming back, there will still be their things secured. Maybe this can mean they meet a side character, surprisingly trustworthy, maybe just a teenager(the womans niece???) to stay at the bunker and hold it down till they return, and if they don't, well she has a place to live.


I hope I can get someone to give me critique on the very idea. I intend to start finding other blogs I'll enjoy reading myself, this computer acts decent every now in then and allows me to do so.

Love to all!
Impy
RIP
Baby Doe <3 =' (

No comments:

Post a Comment